- 2 cups Pecan Flour*
- 1.5 tsp xanthum gum (or guar gum)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Opt: 1 tsp Greens Powder (or Protein Powder)
- 4 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 1-2 bananas - pureed (3/4 cup puree)
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Agave Syrup*
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 organic carrots - processed fine (2 cups)
- 1 cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the flax meal and hot water together, set aside to congeal.
- Process 1-2 bananas in a food processor or mash to create a puree. Place in a small bowl.
- Process 1/2 cored apple with 1/4 cup water in a food processor until mixed very well to create a fresh applesauce, pour in the bowl with the bananas. Add the balance of wet ingredients, including the flax meal mixture and mix well. Mix the wet into the dry.
- Process 3 organic carrots to create 2 cups of finely processed carrots, fold into the wet mixture along with the raisins.
- Take 1/3 heaping cup and pour into the muffin liner. Save the balance of the batter for the raw carrot cake, or pass on the raw carrot cake and make more muffins!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool, frost, decorate and enjoy!!!
- Place the carrots in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Use your favorite sweetener: Maple Syrup, Brown Rice Syrup, Honey for Vegetarians
- Omit the ginger if allergic.
- Use a gluten-free flour or your favorite.
- Line a dehydrator tray with parchment paper or lightly grease a plate that is safe to heat. Take the balance of the Zen Fusion Carrot Cake Muffin batter from step 8 above and pour into a large heart shaped cookie cutter (or shape/mold of choice).
- Dehydrate in a dehydrator at 103-105 degrees Fahrenheit overnight.
- In the morning, carefully remove the cookie cutter and dehydrate for another 2-3 hours until the sides begin to lightly brown and firm. Once it reaches the desired consistency, remove, allow to cool, frost and decorate!
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Hot Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Stevia Extract to taste
- Soak the pecans in hot coffee for 30 + minutes, until they soften.
- Combine the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blend.
- Pulse, scrape down the sides, blend again, repeating as needed until smooth.
- Place in fridge while cake is baking to firm.
- Skip the coffee and use hot water if you don't drink coffee.
- Use Agave Syrup or sweetener of choice.
- Handful of Raisins
- Sprinkle of coconut sugar
- Few Pecans