I stumbled on a new recipe for Zucchini Tots that sparked my curiosity! I had a ripe zucchini begging to be used and a hankering for a salty snack. I modified the recipe to “veganize” it, popped the buggers in the oven and before long Jerry and I ate all of them wondering what happened to them so quickly! : - )
This recipe is a much healthier than the standard tater tots, especially any found eating out, plus it is really simple to make. Enjoy it time and time again, I know we will!
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 large "egg" - Flaxmeal mixed with warm water
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spay a mini muffin tin.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel, wring all the excess water out.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with favorite sauce and dig in!!!