My love, Christa
1 1/2 Cups Black Beans, Cooked
1 Cup Mashed Potatoes
3 tsp Fresh Herbs, Minced
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Cup Flour (Options: Vital Wheat Gluten, Wheat Flour, GF All Purpose Flour, Corn Flour)
1/3 Cup Oats (Could be GF)
1/2 Medium Onion, Diced
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Tamari, Aminos)
2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce (Click for Recipe)
2-4 Tbsp Water (Add as needed)
Optional Oil to Fry or go oil-free and grill or bake.
- Mash the beans in a bowl, leaving some chunks for texture.
- Add the balance of the ingredients to the bowl.
- With clean hands bring it together, knead for a few minutes until it forms a dough or something you can form patties out of. Opt to refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for firmer patties.
- Form into patties, I made thin patties for 7-8 patties. Opt to refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for firmer patties. I truly didn't refrigerate the first time, when I did the second time I noticed they were much firmer. Chef's choice!
- Pan-fry by heating some oil in a cast-iron or favorite pan. Cook 10-20 minutes on low, flip and go another 10+ minutes until desired. Add BBQ sauce and vegan cheese, cover with a lid to melt and enjoy hot on a bun with your favorite fixings.
- Alternatively bake them at 400°F as desired, I went 15-20 minutes, flipped and went another 15 minutes or so. :) Very done but super good!! Enjoy your favorite way!