1 Batch of 5 -6 Biscuits (click for recipe)
Vegan Breakfast Sausage
1 Cup TVP
1 Cup Vegetable Broth
2 Tbsp Tamari Sauce
1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke
1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp each: Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes & Oregano
Opt: Pinch of Cloves
2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
1 Cup Vegan Sausage Crumbled (recipe above or use your favorite)
2 1/2 Tbsp. Gluten-Free Flour
3 Cups Dairy Free Milk (I made mine)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soak 1 Cup TVP in hot vegetable broth. Set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- Make the biscuits. Once they are in the oven and begin baking, make the vegan breakfast sausage.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the coconut butter in a large non-stick pan with high sides. Add the saoked TVP. Add the balance of the ingredients for the breakfast sausage. Mix together well with your spatula and heat until golden brown / desired consistency.
- Once the sausage is golden add the flour, in the video I accidently added the milk first but it will be easier to do it this way. Add the flour and any desired salt and pepper and mix over the sausage distributing evenly. Pour the dairy free milk on top. Stir constantly, heat until desired thickness, about 10-15 minutes.
- Take the warm biscuit, slice it open, pour gravy on top and serve. A southern classic made vegan!
- For soy-free use mushrooms or see the walnut recipe, sub tamari sauce for coconut aminos.
- If you don't mind oil, try coconut oil.
- Tip: To quicken the gravy quicker, add 1/2 - 1 tsp of guar gum.
- Tip: Get some movement... yoga or take a walk, it is a big meal! :)