200 Grams Spaghetti Noodles (Gluten-Free if preferred)
Pecan Taco Meat or Meatless Crumbles of Choice
1 Cup Salsa + 1/4 Cup to Serve
3 Cups Chopped Spinach
Opt: Cilantro to Top
Opt: Sour Cream to Top
1/2 Cup Cashews, Soaked until Soft & Drained
1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds, Soaked & Drained
2 Tbsp Lime Juice - Fresh
1/2 Cup Filtered Water
2 Tbsp Tamari (Soy or Coconut Aminos)
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Prepare the noodles as per the package, drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the pecan taco meat or preferred crumbles, cook until golden brown in a skillet for 5-7 minutes over medium - medium-low until fragrant. Set aside once done.
- Make the cheese sauce by combining everything in a blender, blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides. Blend again and set aside.
- Add the drained and cooked noodles to the pot, add the cheese sauce and salsa. Turn the heat on low. Add the browned pecan taco meat or crumbles (reserve a little for topping) and spinach. Mix well, heat for a couple minutes until the spinach wilts and the pasta is well coated. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot, sprinkle the pecan taco meat/crumbles on top, red pepper flakes if desired, cilantro if using, a spoonful of salsa and vegan sour cream if using. Dig in!!!