- TONS OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- SLIGHT CRISP / CRUNCH
- PERFECT INTERIOR
- 20 MINUTES TIL YOUR EATING A COOKIE
- REMINISCENT OF CHILDHOOD
- GREAT FOR KIDS AND ADULTS (Intergalactic species - ANYONE!)
- VEGAN / GLUTEN-FREE / OIL-FREE OPT / NO REFINED SUGAR
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil / Coconut Butter
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
3 Tbsp. Aquafaba
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 /2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Cup Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Starch (I used Potato)
1 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (70% Cacao+ if possible / Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175°C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, gently grease or baking mat.
- Combine the coconut oil and sugar together, mix together on a low speed. I used a hand mixer, a mixing stand or by hand or even food processor are other options.
- Once thoroughly combined add the aquafaba and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (either mixing in a small bowl or not, either way you'll be okay) and gradually incorporate on a low speed, adding a little of the dry mixture at a time.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Either refrigerate for 30+ minutes or do as I do, and immediately place on your baking sheet in rounded tablespoons, gently forming into a cookie and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, cool for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
Notes / Options:
- Fattier Cookies: Double the coconut oil/butter and sugar. Earth balance butter works great vs. coconut oil/butter. You could even use a vegetable oil like avocado or olive.
- Healthier Cookies: Try this recipe! (No sugar, oil or grains)
- Oil-Free Options: Coconut Butter, Cacao Butter, Nut or Seed Butter, try Applesauce.
- Sugar: Try maple syrup, or use your favorite sweetener like cane sugar, muscovado, syrup, even date paste.
- Aquafaba is the liquid found in chickpeas. Feel free to use your favorite vegan egg replacement, QTY 1.
- Flour/Starch: Omit the rice flour and starch and replace with 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour (like Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1.) If not allergic to gluten, all purpose flour or wheat flour works great here.
- Recipe veganized + adapted from Ratio's Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies.