3/4 Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (4 oz)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
Opt: Dash of Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk
1/2 Cup Banana Purée (mash a banana)
Opt: 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (bean/paste)
1 Vegan "egg" (1 Tbsp Flax Seeds/Meal + 3 Tbsp Water)
1/2 Cup Raisins
Opt: 1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350° F or 175° C. Line your tin with cupcake liners or lightly grease.
- Combine the flax seeds/meal and water, mix and set aside to congeal. If using seeds you may have stir it 2-3 times to help it along.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix the wet together in a small bowl. Add the wet to the dry, mixing until just combined. (Or do it in a food processor/blender.) Fold in the raisins.
- Transfer to your muffin tins, dividing the mixture between 6 cups. Opt to top with chopped pecans, pressing ever so slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove and transfer to a cooling a rack, enjoy!
- Use your favorite dairy free milk, I've used almond and coconut milk.
- Mix up the spices. Perhaps ginger, allspice, pumpkin spice, cloves, cardamom or 1/2 tsp of dried tea.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, cranberries, dried blueberries, fresh blueberries, a streusel on top etc.
- Leave out the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla for a more basic version.
- Double, triple, quadrouple it!
- Bread: Make it into a loaf - line a loaf pan, bake for 50-60+ minutes with a doubled recipe.
- Add 1/4 cup of coconut sugar, maple syrup or your favorite sweetener for a sweeter muffin or bread.
- New tip coat raisins in flour first to prevent sinking. I remember learning that and then forgot to apply it, next batch! (Thank you Guru Buddhi on YT for the tip.)