1/4 of an onion +
S&P to taste
1-2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar, Lime or Lemon Juice
Step it up with:
Add a pinch of fresh or dried dill (to taste)
1-2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Go for the gold:
Add sliced green olives to taste (1/2 cup or so, a good amount)
1-2 Tbsp Vegan Parmesan
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds by scraping them out with a spoon, slice into bite size pieces (or any shape you prefer.)
- Chop the onion, dice the tomato, combine in a bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar/lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix, eat right away or place in the fridge to marry the flavors and crisp up.
- Simply add the other ingredients for the variations. In the video, I add the dill and nutritional yeast and then also add the olives and vegan parmesan for an extra cheesy tangy salad.
- Remember: it doesn't have to be exactly as listed above, if you want more tomatoes, add it, more or less onion, do that, you hate dill but love another herb or want to pass and go for the nutritional yeast, of course do that. What is nutritional yeast? Add beans, peppers, anything you desire here!
- I used roma tomatoes
- I used a smaller cucumber 4-5 inches in length.
- I used a sweet white onion