- 2 ¾ Cup Flour (Whole Wheat, All Purpose, All Purpose Gluten-Free.......)
- 3 “eggs” which will be 3 tsp Psyllium Husk and ¾ Cup Water mixed and congealed.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil or Oil Replacement (Puree, Coconut Butter....)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Filtered Water
Combine everything less the water in your food processor. Allow it to come together and stream in the water. Proceed to knead for a few minutes on a floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. Proceed to use as desired, ravioli, spaghetti....
OR - Mix by hand by whisking the dry, adding the congealed "egg", oil or oil replacement, mix. Add the water in until sticky and pliable, knead the dough for just a few seconds or so until it comes together and wrap it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
[In the video I used 2 cups wheat with 3/4 cups corn flour for the wheat and 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour with 3/4 cups corn flour for the gluten-free. My oil free option was pumpkin puree. This recipe is easy to make your own based on what you have and prefer.]
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (or boiled potatoes, sweet potatoes, roasted butternut squash, sautéed mushrooms....)
- 1 tbsp parley leaves fresh
- ½ to 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp chunky sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegan parm or nutritional yeast if you have it
- 1/3 cup sautéed onion
- ½ lg head garlic
Puree all the ingredients in food processor or mash until creamy. Set aside.
Creamy Sage Sauce
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic roasted
- 1 tbsp to ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ to ½ cup soaked cashews
- ¼ tsp pepper, ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup potatoes that are boiled until soft
- 2 tsp sage.
Blend, heat and serve.
- Prepare your filling and sauce.
- After 30 minutes, press the dough with hands on floured surface into a disk. Cut into 8 pieces, like you are cutting pie or a pizza pie.
- Take one piece, form into a rectangle, place in a pasta machine, fold the dough in half, repeat until thin but not falling apart working from the highest setting to the lowest setting on your machine. OR roll it out by hand following a similar method of shaping into a rectangle, rolling it out, fold, flip, repeat until nice and thin.
- Roll another piece out until thin and similar in shape and size.
- Place one piece of rolled out dough on a floured surface, add your filling 1-2" inches apart about 1 heaping tbps or spoonful.
- Apply water to the edges around the filling.
- Place the other rolled out piece of dough on top, carefully sealing each ravioli with your fingers to ensure no air bubbles exist.
- With a ravioli cutter, cookie cutter or knife cut into desired shape.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and dusted with corn flour or semolina. Air dry 20 minutes before cooking or freeze until firm, place in preferred container or bag and use as desired.
- To cook, bring a pot of water to a boil that is salted, cook until the ravioli float (about 2 minutes). Fish out, strain the excess water. Serve with your favorite sauce. WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT HERE.