This is one of those meals that makes the house smell great, warms everyone up and is full of so much flavor you can't go wrong.
This will be featured in my upcoming Meal Plan Series, stay tuned for more information on the release of Season 2. In the mean time, I couldn't wait to share since it's so good!
- 2 Cups Morning Sausage Crumbles
- 1 Large Onion – Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder (+/- if desired)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Cup Cooked Black Beans
- 1 Cup Cooked Pinto or Kidney Beans
- 3 Cups Freshly Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth (may add more to thin as desired)
- S&P to taste (Aprox: 1/2 tsp salt, ½ pepper)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Agave
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 Cups Corn (cooked; opt)
- Cook the onion and bell pepper until tender and fragrant in a splash of vegetable broth. Set aside or leave in and cook the sausage in a different pan.
- Brown the crumbled vegan sausage, add the spices and cooked onion and bell pepper.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes up to one hour. Taste, adjust. Remove from heat, serve in 5 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar “cheese”, vegan sour cream, green onions, corn and lime wedges + cornbread.
Note: I like to serve it on top of the cornbread since that is how my mom did. You can do it like that or have it on the side. ?