1 Cup Pecans
1/2 Packed Cup Medjool Dates - Pitted
1/4 tsp Sea Salt (or Alchemical Elixir)
Pecan Pie Filling:
1 1/4 Packed Cups - Medjool Dates - Pitted
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
3/4 Cup Pecans
3-4 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Opt: 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor, process until fine and sticky. You can also process the pecans into a flour first, and then proceed for a finer crust. Press into a parchment lined pan, I used a loaf pan, could easily be made into a pie shape etc. Place in freezer.
- Combine the pecan fie filling ingredients, less the chopped pecans, into a food processor. Process into a smooth date paste, fold in the chopped pecans. Spread on top of the crust. Place in freezer.
- In a hot water bath place a heat proof dish, melt the coconut oil or butter (I used 2 Tbsp coconut oil), the coconut sugar, cinnamon and vanilla if using. Mix and the sugar will melt down leaving some yummy crystals.
- In a small dish, toss the pecans in the sugar mixture, place them on top of the filling, decorating as you desire. Freeze until firm, overnight is great if you can make it, I couldn't initially and it was just fine. ENJOY these tasty treats and see the magic in the recipe video.
- Omit salt if watching sodium.
- Use a vanilla paste, fresh bean pod, or your favorite or omit if you don't like it.
- Feel free to add your favorite spices, more cinnamon etc.
- Why not add a chocolate drizzle? I'm just saying!
- We served ours with nice-cream! Highly recommended.
- Only top with pecans if watching your sugar or for less ingredients and a healthier treat. Or use your favorite sweetener like maple syrup, yum!
- If not going for raw, roast your pecans to enhance the flavor. I've even heated a slice up in warm oven with a few chocolate chips on top and it was divine, just saying. Perhaps a mix of sweet potato in there would be equally as divine. Future recipe?
- Watch it, make my heart swoon and watch the video!!! :)
- That's nuts! Use a different crust like this one to be less nutty. ;)