1 Recipe Empanada Dough
3 Cups Strawberries
4 Tbsp Agave/Maple Syrup (to taste)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil/Butter
1 1/2 Tbsp Starch with 1 1/2 Tbsp Water
Vegan Egg Wash:
1 Tbsp Agave/Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Dairy Free Milk
Opt: Muscovado Sugar
- Heat the strawberries, syrup, coconut oil/butter, cinnamon and mix well. Heat until berries begin to burst.
- Mix the starch and water together, pour into the berry mixture. Mix well. Heat to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a heat safe dish, cool completely. Wash dish.
- Make the empanada dough. Roll it out and make circles.
- Pick up the circle like a taco, fill it with a spoonful or two of the cooled strawberry mix.
- Set it down carefully, fold the dough over, seal it shut. Use a fork, press it or curl the edges.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes (freezes great as well for future usage.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the vegan egg wash together, brush it on top. Opt to top with Muscovado sugar, brown sugar or coconut sugar is great too.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and enjoy. Yummmmy!