1/2 Cup Tahini
1 Small Head Garlic, Roasted (+/- to taste or a couple raw cloves)
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
Opt: salt to taste
Water to thin as per your preference
Opt: 2 tsp + minced coriander / cilantro or mix of cilantro and parsley
Combine the tahini, desired amount of garlic and lemon juice in a food processor or mix by hand. If mixing by hand, mince or chop the garlic finely first. Taste, if you would like, add a pinch or two of salt. Adjust to your desired consistency by adding a little water at a time or leave very thick. I added about 2 1/2 Tbsp water for more of a dressing. Opt to stir in 2 tsp of minced herbs and/or top it with fresh herbs. Use as desired. Pairs magnificently with falafel and the Falafel Burger!
- Make it red with beet juice or beet powder.
- Make it green with spirulina.
- Add herbs and or spinach for more of a dip.
- Make it yellow with turmeric.
- Adjust with your favorite seasoning.