- 2 Cups Flour (Wheat, Buckwheat, Corn, All-Purpose Gluten-Free Blend)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Pink Himalayan is nice)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Butter (room temp or chilled, not liquid)
- 3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- Preheat the oven to 450°F / 232°C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease or flour.
- Combine the dairy free milk and lemon juice together, set aside for 5 minutes to sour.
- Combine the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and mix well.
- Add the coconut butter and use your hands to mix into the flour until there are small pea sized shapes.
- Pour in the soured dairy free milk, our vegan buttermilk. Use a spatula and turn it 15 times or until it comes together. Add a splash of dairy free milk as needed.
- Divide into 4. Roll into a smooth ball, shape into a nice biscuit shape. Smoothing them out makes them pretty otherwise they look rustic, that is okay too.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool on pan for 5 minutes and enjoy in a number of ways from sweet to savory.
- Add a vegan egg wash which is either 2 tbsp dairy free milk with 1 tbsp maple syrup or favorite sweetener brushed on top for sweet, or melted coconut butter/oil brushed on top. May sprinkle salt, herbs etc.
- Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (click for recipe)
- They're more of a fluffy, soft dinner biscuit than a sturdy hamburger bun - just a heads up.
- Try the traditional roll and fold method here. (click for recipe)