Yield: 2 Batches | Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 35+ Minutes
4 Vegan Italian Spiced Sausages
1 Tbsp Olive Oil to brown the sausage (pass for oil-free)
2 Tbsp Veg Broth to Saute Onions
2 Onions – Finely Chopped
6 Garlic Cloves – Peeled and left whole
2 Cans of Organic Tomato Sauce
2 Cups Vegetable Broth (1/2 Cup for Lasagna or Casseroles)
6 Roma Tomatoes Chopped
2 tsp Dried Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
¼ Cup Fresh Herbs (Basil or Parsley)
- Brown the Vegan Italian Spiced Sausages by heating the olive oil over medium-low heat, add the vegan sausages. I browned mine on all four sides, then began breaking it up into crumbles and browned from there. I found this can take 15 - 20 minutes if using the homemade variety.
- While the vegan sausages brown move on to the next phase. In a Medium Saucepan add 2 Tbsp Vegetable broth, chopped onion, garlic cloves. Cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes. At this point the garlic cloves will be very soft. Smash them with a wooden spoon.
- Add the browned vegan crumbles.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano. Mix to combine.
- Cook for 20 minutes with a lid on over low, or until the sauce has thickened to the consistency that you prefer. Stir occasionally. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Beefless Ground Crumbles
Vegan Morning Sausage Crumbles
Tofurky Italian Sausages or Favorite Vegan Brand
TVP or other favorite options