May we all shine bright! Have a great weekend!
- 1/2 Cup Grain (oats, quinoa, amaranth, teff etc)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water (could also use dairy free milk)
- Pinch Sea Salt
Ideas to enhance - stir in:
- Desired Sweetener to taste (agave, maple syrup, stevia, coconut sugar...)
- Drizzle Dairy Free Milk
- Cinnamon (pumpkin spice, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves...)
- Opt: Raisins (dried fruit, fresh fruit, frozen fruit, nuts etc...)
- Dairy free milk and a drizzle of maple syrup or agave
- Berries & Dairy free milk - heat together with desired sweetener until thickens.
- Unsweetened chia jam
- Mash in a banana and top with banana, opt coconut flakes and a strawberry
- Cacao nibs, seeds, nuts, seasonal fruit, chocolate, nut or seed butter, granola etc. Have fun!
- Bring the water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the grain of choice. Stir constantly, a wooden spoon or the end of it is great here, cook for 15 minutes. Some grains like quinoa or amaranth may have to go 20+ minutes.
- Stir in a little dairy free milk, any sweetener as desired and optional spices like cinnamon. Sometimes we add raisins or fruit.
- Top with anything you desire. More dairy free milk, extra drizzle of syrup and a little jam or berry compote on top is our absolute favorite.
- Add the grain to the water, stir constantly.
- Once boiling then add the pinch of salt. Cook oats for 5 minutes (or longer for other grains - 10-15 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Flavor as desired.
Inspired by Jamie Oliver, I love his FoodTube!