- 4 Cups Chopped Cauliflower Florets (Divided)
- Opt: Salt and Dill to taste
- 3 Cups Dairy Free Milk
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves - Minced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cashews, Soaked for 4 hours
- 1 1/2 Cups Black Beans (Pre-Cooked or 1 can drained/rinsed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake 1 cup of the cauliflower florets (+ more if desired) on a lightly greased pan or one lined with parchment paper. Opt to sprinkle with salt and dill. Bake for 20+ minutes or until nice and golden.
- Once the cauliflower is in the oven, start the soup. Place remaining ingredients, less the cashews and black beans, in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower florets are soft and easy to eat. Feel free to cover to assist. Turn off the burner, remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, blend 2 cups of the soup with the soaked and drained cashews. Crack the lid to release steam carefully as needed. I did use a heat-approved blender, an immersion blender is another option. Blend on soup setting or on high for 60-90 seconds until silky smooth. This can also be used as a pasta like Alfredo sauce, yum!
- Pour the silky mixture back into the pot with the soup. Add the cooked black beans. Stir and allow to heat for one to two minutes.
- Remove the roasted cauliflower from the oven. Dish the soup and top with roasted cauliflower and anything else you desire. Makes amazing leftovers the following day.
- Use 1 tsp of preferred pepper vs. 1/2 tsp of each.