Thick & Lush Pumpkin Pie
Yield: 1 9" Pie
Author: Christa Clark
- 1 ½ Cup Flour
- 9 Tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Sal
- 1 T Sugar
- 5 T Cold Water (more as needed, I added more)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ¾ Cup coconut Milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown (Can use less 1/3 cup, ½ cup or more ¾ cup, I used ½ cup)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1 tsp ginger, ½ tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cloves and black pepper)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Opt: ½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- Make Pie Crust by combining everything in a food processor and pulsing until it forms a ball or you can also mix and kneed by hand. Grease a 9" pie plate, dust with flour. Roll out the dough, transfer to the pie plate until it covers the bottom, trim off remaining edges or decorate as desired.
- Blend pumpkin pie ingredients until smooth
- Bake 350 for 60 minutes total. Bake 40 minutes uncovered, then tent with parchment paper or foil and bake for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Open door of oven, turn off oven, let cool to room temperature.
- Once 100% cool, refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Serve with vegan Whipped Cream
Egg Wash for crust: Use dairy free milk like almond milk, opt to add a little sweetener like maple syrup to help it brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @artisticvegan on instagram and hashtag it #artisticvegan
Created using The Recipes Generator