- 1 Cup Oats [ie: Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 CupAll Purpose Gluten Free Flour*
- 2 tsp up to 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk of choice
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Flax Meal or 2 eggs
- 2.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Coconut Butter
- 1.5 Tbsp Nut or Seed Butter (I used PB)
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Peeled and Chopped Apple Pieces
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oat flour
2 to 3 Tbsp. Coconut sugar
3 Tbsp Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Cinnamon + Pinch of Salt
CLICK FOR GLAZE RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place 12 muffin liners in muffin tin and/or grease tins well.
- Mix water with flax meal and set aside. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl (first 8 ingredients), add the wet to the dry including the congealed flax meal. Combine, trying not to over-mix. Fold in the raisins and apple pieces if using.
- Mix streusel in a small bowl with a pastry cutter. You could use the same bowl after filling your muffins to keep it one-bowl, or use a food processor. Leave some chunks in tact.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 muffin liners, generously top with streusel and bake 15-20 minutes, until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Ensure not to over-bake for a moist muffin! If adding apple pieces you may have to go up to 40 minutes, I did.
- Cool in pan, carefully transfer to cooling rack after 10-15 minutes as they're fragile while hot and hold better once cool. Take it to heavenly heights and drizzle on some glaze. Ascoop of ice-cream? ENJOY immensly! ?