- 1 Cup of Soaked Cashews
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp of Soy/Tamari or Coconut Aminos for Soy Free
- 2 Small Limes or 1 Large, a Lemon is ok too
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic either raw or roasted
- ½ tsp Tapioca Starch (arrowroot, potato, corn whatever you have)
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- ½ Cup Green Onions (opt)
- ½ Cup Packed Fresh Leafy Greens (Spinach, Garden Greens)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Herbs – I used basil, parsley and a little dill since it was what I had, use what you have.
- Blend the cashews, vegetable broth, soy/tamari sauce, limes, garlic, starch red pepper flakes, black pepper and nutritional yeast together until smooth. You can stop here, it’s delicious, use it as a pasta sauce, cheese dip, heat to thicken further, refrigerate it. You can also add coconut oil, coconut butter or use agar agar as a firming agent. Otherwise proceed!
- Fold in the herbs and green onions. Leave it like this for a chunky dip or blend it until smooth. You do you! I blended until smooth.
- Once done decorate with a little pepper, red pepper flakes and green onions. Cover and place in the fridge. Enjoy as you please.
- 1 Recipe Herbed Cheese Spread (above)
- 1 Recipe Almond Crackers
- 1/2 Cup Pickled Peppers
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Almonds
- 10+ Dates
- Small Bowl Roasted Cashews with Pepitas
- Few Sliced Carrots
- Sliced Bell Pepper or Sliced Red Onion
- Few Pieces Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries
Place the cheese dip on a cutting board, Place crackers around it, and then start adding the ingredients and before you know it you'll have a beautiful board. I approximated the amounts, I didn't measure and you don't have to either. Add some of this, some of that using what you have on hand and be surprised at what a fun way this is to eat!
Modify easily with the vegetables you have on hand, add fresh fruit like grapes and berries, chocolate, my sharp cheddar cheese ball, fresh bread, hummus and more.
If you like this style let me know and we can make one with fruits, chocolate, nuts, pâté, bread and my Brie Cheese! #yesplease